Listen to the article
Sony announces a new mobile ES Series, a new standard for car audio. They have introduced the new Mobile ES line-up which according to the maker represents Sony’s top of the line products in the world of car audio. The Mobile ES line-up features car speakers and subwoofers including XS-162ES, XS-160ES, XS-690ES and XS-W104ES.
There are a total of 4 speakers, and all the features that they offer are mentioned below-
- MRC Aramid Fiber Matrix Woofer: Mica Reinforced Cellular (MRC) is Sony’s original speaker diaphragm material. It gets high rigidity and good internal loss (low resonant distortion), with a lightweight design. This third-generation compound has been further optimized with mechanical driver improvements to deliver an even wider frequency response and smoother, more natural sound characteristics. Embedding MRC in a unique matrix with aramid fibres suppresses diaphragm resonance and minimizes distortion — not only in the lows but also in the mid and higher frequencies. The result is sound that is powerful at all frequencies and uncommonly clean — even at high volume.
- Separated Notch Edge Surround: The woofer surround features another proprietary Sony technology, with distinctive curved notches improving the vertical amplitude symmetry for dramatically reduced distortion and enhanced clarity.
- Soft Dome Tweeter: Compatible with High-Resolution Audio, a soft dome tweeter diaphragm is directly attached to the voice coil, designed to cover the music’s ultra-high ends, with a frequency range extending up to 40kHz.
- Five-beam Frame Structure & Dynamic Air Diffuser: The Five-beam Frame design disperses resonance while the integrated Dynamic Air Diffuser ensures efficient air circulation for smooth cone travel and cooling of the voice coil.
- Progressive Height Rate Spider: The acoustically optimized spider allows for higher power handling and airflow, with a profile designed for more rapid and precise cushioning of the speaker cone.
- Phase Plug (XS-162ES Only): The resonance damping phase plug on the XS-162ES woofer helps realize ideal frequency response, right up to the crossover point with the matched tweeters. A rigid aluminium bobbin and Dynamic Air Diffuser further support the speaker’s wide frequency response, for controlled and dynamic bass delivery.
- Bi-amp Terminals and Gain Selector in Crossover Networks (XS-162ES Only): The audiophile-grade crossover features an optimal, metalized polypropylene film capacitor with lower dissipation for a smoother high-end. It features a bi-amp capable design to mitigate current distortion to the tweeter when running the woofer with high input levels. A dedicated gain selector balances the woofer and tweeter signal levels and enables tweeter level adjustment even when driving the components from a single amplifier.
For the pricing and availability, the new line-up will be available at select car dealers across India from 1st June 2021 onwards. A table has been mentioned below, that mentions the pricing in details.
|XS-690ES||Rs. 24,990/-||1st June 2021 onwards|
|XS-162ES||Rs. 20,990/-||1st June 2021 onwards|
|XS-W104ES||Rs. 16,990/-||1st June 2021 onwards|
|XS-160ES||Rs. 16,990/-||1st June 2021 onwards|
Well with that said, do let us know your opinions on this post Sony announces the new mobile ES Series, a new standard for car audio by dropping a comment down below.