Listen to the article
Tata Motors has announced the launch of Wheels of Love, which is a holistic program that would help support new parents.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Ravindra Kumar G.P., Chief Human Resources Officer, Tata Motors, said, “At Tata Motors, we have embraced diversity and inclusion at all levels as a strategy to success. Over the years, we have strived to cultivate a gender diverse workspace, which is both sensitive and inclusive. It’s built on the foundation of creating an ecosystem that is attractive and supportive to women professionals at various stages of their life and career. ‘Wheels of Love’ takes this thinking forward by creating a cohesive network of connect, warmth and support for new and expectant parents to enjoy the bliss of parenthood.”
Alongside this, there is also a special book named, ‘Wheels of Love’ that would help enable new parents to successfully manage the need to focus on their growing family while also fulfilling their career goals. In addition to guiding parents, the books also provide valuable insights for managers to support their team members as they progress through the various stages of parenthood.
Some key points have been mentioned below, for readers to have a better overview-
- Announcing pregnancy at the workplace, understanding the manager’s dilemma, effective management of work deliverables, job handover, maternity leave management, and transition back to work
- Mother and Manager guide to help navigate through the various phases of maternity, becoming a parent, and transitioning back to work
- Dedicated Counselling Sessions for new parents to address emotional and psychological challenges that may arise
- One-to-one coaching sessions for pregnant/new mothers and their managers to manage work transitions
- Assigning a Buddy to the new mothers to keep in touch with her workplace during the maternity break
- Employee Resource Groups, a special community of new parents, to engage, share learnings and experiences
- Webinars on relevant topics, including guidance on preparing for newborns, childcare responsibilities for dual-career couples, and much more
Well with that said, do let us know your opinions on this new Wheels of Love program by Tata by dropping a comment down below.